Wednesday, March 10, 2010

McGill University Faculty of Law Discussion on American Needle v. NFL and Single Entity Issues

If you are in the Montreal area and are interested in sports and antitrust law, I'll be giving a talk on Tuesday, March 16, at 4 p.m. at the McGill University Faculty of Law. I'll be presenting on both my article, American Needle v. NFL: An Opportunity to Reshape Sports Law, 119 Yale Law Journal 726 (2010) and my forthcoming article, The NBA and the Single Entity Defense: A Better Case?, 1 Harvard Journal of Sports and Entertainment Law__ (forthcoming, 2010).

I'll also address related questions of antitrust, labor, and sports law, including the O'Bannon v. NCAA lawsuit and what we might expect in the next set of collective bargaining agreements.

The discussion will center on U.S. law, though I expect we will also explore how American Needle v. NFL might impact the expansion of U.S. leagues into Canada and elsewhere (for a related and insightful perspective on that topic, see Marc Edelman and Brian Doyle's article "Antitrust and 'Free Movement' Risks of Expanding U.S. Professional Sports Leagues into Europe").

The event is being hosted by the McGill Entertainment and Sports Law Association. It will be in Room 312 of the law school's Chancellor Day Hall.

I look forward to my trip to McGill law school and hope to get the chance to meet Sports Law Blog readers who are based in Montreal (I know we have some).

No comments:

Post a Comment